Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Egg Retrieval

This morning at 11, I had my egg retrieval. We arrived at the clinic at 10:30. Paul was called back first and I waited for what seemed like eternity. I got worried they had forgotten me. Paul came back and then we're both called back to the pre-op room. A nurse went over some basic info and then marked my bum for the progesterone shots. Then, we waited some more for the doctor to come in and talk to us. He finally did and went over my chart and said that it looked like I had 15 follicles. I changed into the gown, hair cover and booties. The nurse anesthesiologist took me back to the operating room. The only thing I remember is being given the IV, which doesn't hurt anymore than a blood draw, and getting into position on the bed. Before I know it, I was waking up in the recovery room. Paul says the first thing I said was I can't wake up and then I asked 3 times how many eggs. He told me 16 and for some reason I cried. Paul gave me water and some ginger ale. It didn't take me too long to wake up. I had to ask him again how many eggs and what all happened because I don't remember anything.
I am a little sore but it is not too bad. I am glad we are to this point. Tomorrow morning they will call with the fertilization report. I hope they do well.

No comments: